Friday 30 March 2012

finlay alistair

Finlay Alistair Scott .....my most precious gift ..... the light of my life ..... the joy in my heart .....my son. I have never experienced so many different emotions, than when becoming a mother. At birth a wave of happiness that I had a son, my son, followed by deep sadness as I wasn't able to hold him for four days. Screams by Finlay when he had his first bath, were accompanied by tears from me, urging James to take him out. Dressing him in his going home outfit with excitement, as we were taking our boy home. Joy, because we were now a little family ..... this was all in the first week.

Finlay Alistair Scott ..... Finlay - fair haired warrior - Alistair - defender of people. Fair hair he has indeed (as some of you would know is a sigh of relief for me) and as he grows from a little boy to a young man, I want to instil in him values that include love for people and I hope and pray that he will have the courage and strength to be a warrior, fight for what he believes is right, the people he loves and his faith. 

Over the last fifteen moths this boy has changed our lives, given it a new purpose. It's interesting looking back ..... as most mothers, fathers and families would agree, you can't imagine life without this beautiful child ..... yes there are days when I would like to try ..... but this child is with me forever, my responsibility, and as I said before, my precious gift .....


I look forward to sharing this gift with you .....

     


1 comment:

  1. Jayde!! Your blogging!! I'm so full of Joy!!

    Welcome to the web, to blogging. I'm excited to be following you guys. I read your previous posts and while everyone else was crying.. I thought.. Look how much this amazing girl has accomplished!! I see me in you, I was the same but different.. Becoming a mum at 17 it was so so hard. Not being able to share your beautiful blessings firsts etc.. BUT, my wedding day was the most difficult.. The family photo's, no Mum to give you something old or something new, to go wedding shopping with or to say a few words about your life up till that point.. It hurt so much to know that not far away my Mum IS alive but is in no position to be a grandmother or mother.. and the bigger question I was faced with was WHY? Why did she choose drugs etc. over her daughter and grandkids.. All I know is that what I have in front of me is GOLD. It makes us value and cherish the things we do have and encourages us to give our everything to the ones we love. Your so strong Jayde, Your amazing and I can't wait to share some comment love on your journey God has blessed you with :) Bring it on!!

    PS. You and James make good babies <3 Finlay is so so so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...